Father’s Day is coming; check out these affordable tech gifts for dad!
If you’re looking for affordable tech gifts for the dads in your life, you’re in the right place!
My husband loves gadgets. Recently, he bought himself a EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE. My response to him, “Why didn’t you wait until Father’s Day!?!?” His reply, “I needed it right now.”
That HARD DRIVE would have made a perfect gift for him ‘from the kids’ for Father’s Day. Our budget isn’t very big for gift giving. When the kids were small, I would divvy up the funds among them so they could each get their dad a small gift or they could pool their money together and get him something more expensive. Now that two of the kids are grown, they spend their own money on the gifts they give. However, my teenage daughter still needs a little boost to her gift budget category, and so I help her out. She does pitch in a little bit, but $10 is pretty much her limit. Even still, we try to keep the total gift budget under $50 so that overall spending doesn’t get out of control.
My husband truly appreciates the time we spend together going out to his favorite restaurant more than any physical gifts we might find for him. I’ve even offered to cook his Father’s Day meal to save costs and add that savings to his gift, but he says no. Maybe that’s just his polite way of telling me he doesn’t like my cooking. Ha.
In case you’re also shopping for a tech loving dad on a small budget, I’ve made a list of 15 items under $50 that I think he’ll like. My hubby checked them out and approved them all, so I think you’ll find something just right.
15 Affordable Tech Gifts for Dad:
1. Echo Dot (2nd Generation) – Black – a hands free, voice controlled device that works with the Alexa Voice Service.
2. Amazon Echo Dot Case (fits Echo Dot 2nd Generation only) – Indigo Fabric – a nice, durable, stylish case for your Amazon Echo Dot.
3. Logitech K380 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard – a wireless keyboard with a two-year battery life!
4. Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player – a powerful media streaming device with 8GB of internal storage. It streams movies and TV shows right to your TV!
5. Gracety Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speakers V4.0 with Waterproof IP67. HD Sound and Bass for iPhone iPod iPad Phones – Blue – a wonderful, waterproof portable speaker that’s great to use by the pool or even inside room to room!
6. Anker PowerCore 10000, One of the Smallest and Lightest 10000mAh External Batteries, Ultra-Compact, High-speed Charging Technology Power Bank for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More – perfect for dads on the go!
7. Garmin 010-01225-00 Vivofit Fitness Band – Black – motivation to keep moving throughout the day!
8. Photojojo Shutter Remote – Selfie Remote for Apple iPhones and Android Phones – a selfie-remote for iPhone or Android phones!
9. Tile Mate – Key Finder. Phone Finder. Anything Finder – 1-pack – what everyone needs to keep track of their keys and phones!
10. Logitech Bluetooth Mouse M557 for PC, Mac and Windows 8 Tablets (910-003971) – a quality wireless mouse with a 12 month battery life!
11. Koss UR-20 Home Headphones – quality headphones with the technology to allow Dad to take a call without taking his headphones off or taking his phone out of his pocket!
12. 2.5″ 500GB/500G Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Black for Laptop/Xbox one/PS4-Model 2513BK – extra storage for laptops or gaming systems.
13. All-New Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa, 7″ Display, 8 GB, Black – with Special Offers – the newest version of the Fire. It’s great for streaming and basic gaming.
14. RAVPower 60W 12A 6-Port USB Charger Desktop Charger Charging Station with iSmart Technology (Black) – super powerful desktop charging station!
15. TP-Link Smart LED Light Bulb, Wi-Fi, Dimmable White, 50W Equivalent, Works w/ Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant, 1-Pack (LB100) – control lights from anywhere with a tablet or smartphone with a free app.
You can see there are many fun tech gadgets under $50 for the dads in your life this Father’s Day. Have fun shopping and just pray he hasn’t already bought all the items for himself! 🙂